Instead, we must use sensation imagery. By imagery, I don't necessarily mean visual pictures in the mind; any of the 5+ senses will do, e.g. imagining running your hands over fur. Knowing that imagination is so useful in communicating with the subconscious mind, how do we hone that skill?
- Read fiction, and get lost in it.
- Write fiction, and get lost in it.
- Take mental snapshots of interesting experiences during the day and relive them later that day.
- When reliving, use as many senses as possible, and try to make it feel as real as possible.
- TV is generally imagination-cheating. It talks to the subconscious almost directly, training your conscious mind to be lazy in imagining.